How to debug install_packages?

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Thu Nov 27 02:11:59 CET 2008

hiya

Thomas Lange schrieb:
>> There's something fishy going on and I don't know what triggers it.
>> During a Debian installation i_p tries to call yast and install
>> kernel-xenpae. The only time this package is mentioned in my config
>> space is in package_config/DEFAULT - but in a way that it should never
>> be regarded as "must install this" for Debian (or Ubuntu).

> Put your packages_config/DEFAULT and fai.log onto paste.debian.net and
> we can help you.

Actually I helped myself. Was a really stupid mistake. Somehow I got
hold of an unpatched NFSroot. (Didn't include the and-patch.)

On the bright side:

	root at gelbsucht:~# lsb_release -a
	No LSB modules are available.
	Distributor ID: Ubuntu
	Release:        8.10
	Codename:       intrepid

Full debootstrap from a lenny nfsroot, installation rules based on
ubuntu hardy. Only changes I had to make:
   - add "--include=aptitude" to FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS
   - rename /dev/hda to /dev/sda in menu.lst after grub has run

I LIKE THIS SHIT!   :p

tschüß
thomas