Problems with lenny

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Nov 18 00:11:54 CET 2008

hiya

Michael Tautschnig schrieb:
> There must be something wrong with your /etc/kernel-img.conf, which is copied by
> the hook instsoft.FAIBASE (so you must have the class FAIBASE defined for this
> to work).  Either you are missing it entirely, or it doesn't have "do_initrd =
> yes". Well, then there is the question of which FAI version your configuration
> is based upon, because we didn't have the kernel-img.conf stuff in versions
> before 2.10 I think (which is like ages ago :-) ).
Just as a data point - I started out with FAI 3.2.4 on debian/etch and
based my installation scripts on the
provided config space. Currently the nfsroots are based on Debian Lenny
(32bit and 64bit version) and
install Debian Etch and Lenny (+ Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and SLES10 SP1) without
problems. (32 and 64bit
archs of all distributions from the same config space.) The scripts are
heavily customized by now of course,
so that's why I said it's just a data point.

Maybe you could upload a zip of your config space and we can have a look
at it?

Btw. is anybody interested in how i pulled this of? If yes, then I would
try to "clean up" our config space
and provide it to the public. (It currently contains some sensitive
data, which I don't want outsider to see.)
Additionally there's some stuff that isn't coded very well and really
should be redone in a better way. >.<;;
The previously mentioned debootstrap issues is one of these. Well.
"Works for me." For now...

Next milestone would be to install all distrib/archs from a 64bit
nfsroot and keep the 32bit one just for
compatibility reasons (hardware too old).

tschüß
thomas