Problem booting with a LVM root after installing a client with FAI on debian ETCH

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Nov 14 13:43:13 CET 2008

> I have added lvm2 to the FAIBASE and DEFAULT package and from what i see on
> the installation trace from the FAI client ramfs is regenerated when the
> client is installed. Also i have checked the time on the initramfs file so i
> am sure it is regenerated at the time of the install.
>
> But i have still not /sbin/vgchange in the /sbin ramdisk...

I think it is regenerated when installing the kernel, but this most likely
happens before lvm2 is fully set up. So please add an explicit call to one of
the scripts as suggested in the mail I just sent; however, please use

$ROOTCMD update-initramfs -k all -u

to make sure that it is run for the new system inside /target

Best,