Problem booting with a LVM root after installing a client with FAI on debian ETCH

Stephane Martin thewallace94 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:04:16 CET 2008

> Did you install lvm2 onto your FAI client?
Sorry for such stupid question but how to be sure that lvm2 is installed on
the FAI client? From what i see lvm2 is in the list of packages defined in
/etc/fai/NFSROOT, is it enough or do i need to specify somewhere that lvm2
need to be installed?

> Did you run update-initramfs -k all -u at in one of your scripts?
I have really used the default fai sample to try, just changed the disk
config file FAIBASE and modified with the exemple LVM configuration from the
man page.