any clue why this would happen in disk_config / etch

kegstand kegstand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:44:13 CET 2008

> I guess that problem is fundamentally related to that Adapted card, probably

I agree!

> it's using some unhandled device names. Once you regain access to that system,
> please post the contents of /proc/partitions.

The fai-client machine is still up, after the fai failed to partition
the disk.   I've logged into it, /proc/partitions says:

db2-interface2:~# cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   8     0  143340928 sda
   8     1    1534176 sda1
   8     2   16386300 sda2
   8     3   10241437 sda3
   8     4          1 sda4
   8     5    2096451 sda5
   8     6     522081 sda6
   8     7  112559391 sda7

there was an OS on this disk before.  I'm ok with blowing away all
data and partitions on it during install.  In fact that is what I wish
would happen.

thanks