any clue why this would happen in disk_config / etch

kegstand kegstand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 22:18:16 CET 2008

hi i'm using fai 3.2.8  in etch.  my fai client is a machine running
on a adaptec raid card.  I'd love to use lenny for a fai server and
install lenny on the fai-client machine, but i can't, there is an
issue out there right now with certain older adaptec raid cards and
current kernel in lenny.

here is my disk_config:
# disk_config
disk_config disk1
primary  /boot             250      rw,errors=remount-ro ; boot -c -j ext3
logical  swap          8000      rw
logical  /          20000     rw                   ; -j ext3

and here is the fai log :

###############
Calling task_action
FAI_ACTION: install
Performing FAI installation. All data may be overwritten!

Calling task_install
Calling task_partition
Partitioning local harddisks using setup_harddisks
setup_harddisks version 0.43fai
Probing disks:
Disks found: sda

Using config file: /var/lib/fai/config/disk_config/db2-interface2
Mapping disk name disk1 to
ERROR: could not read device /dev/
Traceback: task_error task_partition task task_install task
task_action task main