help with making custom repo

kegstand kegstand at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 02:23:31 CET 2008

on my fai server i have this defined in fai.conf :

# the configuration space on the install server
FAI_CONFIGDIR=/srv/fai/config

# the local configuration directory on the install client
FAI=/fai

so i cd into there

root at fai-server:/srv/fai/config/files# pwd
/srv/fai/config/files

root at fai-server:/srv/fai/config/files# ls packages/
linux-image-2.6.18-fai-client_1_amd64.deb

I make Packages.gz :
root at fai-server:/srv/fai/config/files# dpkg-scanpackages packages
/dev/null | gzip -9 > packages/Packages.gz
 ** Packages in archive but missing from override file: **
  linux-image-2.6.18-fai-client

 Wrote 1 entries to output Packages file.

I added this directory to my fai client sources list:
# cat /etc/fai/apt/sources.list
deb http://apt-proxy:9999/debian lenny main contrib non-free
deb http://apt-proxy:9999/fai lenny koeln
deb http://apt-proxy:9999/debian-security lenny/updates main contrib non-free
deb file:/files packages/

during fai-setup, I don't see it:
Ign file: packages/ Release.gpg
Ign file: packages/ Release
Err file: packages/ Packages
  File not found
W: Failed to fetch file:/files/packages/Packages.gz  File not found
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

What am i doing wrong?

thanks.