"disk1" and setup_storage

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Mon Nov 3 13:05:54 CET 2008

hiya

Is it still possible to use the "disk1" notation in order to refer to disk
devices in conjunction with setup-storage?

The manpage gives the following example:

Simple LVM example

  disk_config sda  bootable:1
  primary        /boot  500     ext3      rw
  primary        -      4096-   -         -
  disk_config lvm
  vg  my_pv  sda2
  my_pv-_swap    swap   2048    swap      sw
  my_pv-_root    /      2048    ext3      rw

Okay, the first line is easy.

  disk_config disk1  bootable:1

But how about the fifth?

  vg my_pv disk12 ?
  vg my_pv disk1_2 ?
  vg my_pv disk1[2] ?

I quite liked (and needed) the old behaviour where I could refer to
"disk1" and let fai figure out which device this alias refers to. On a HP
Proliant DL380 disk1 is /dev/cciss/c0d0. On a DL320 it's /dev/hda, on an
IBM this could relate to /dev/sda.

tschüß
thomas