Need simulate apt-get with backports

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri May 30 13:52:28 CEST 2008

TOUZEAU DAVID rote:

> Dear
>
> I need to use this commands when installing the system
>
> apt-get install debian-backports-keyring
> apt-get -t etch-backports install postfix
>
> how to simulate it in /fai/config/package_config file ?*

  -t is not supported in package_config files.

Possibilities:

* You could look at the install_packages script and add an additional
PACKAGES type for your use. This will have several implications,
depending on how complex this is to be solved, maybe Thomas will release
a new version with this patch  soon

* install the packages you need with a script in scripts (not really
nice if you have more than a small set of packages)

* Try to use pinning to get your packages installed

HTH,
Henning

P.S.: I proposed it already a while ago, and still believe that it's a
good idea to put the array for mapping PACKAGES lines in package_lists
to the actual command that is called (can even be an extra and more
complex script that wraps the commands) in a file in /etc instead of
hardcoded in the sources of FAI.