config questions

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon May 26 21:48:25 CEST 2008

Bjorn Meyer wrote:
> Well, if I create a /boot of 200MB and / of 1GB, /boot only uses 7% and
> / uses 35% of it's space. As for the logs, there are no errors when
> creating the partitions or mounting them. The default GRUB script seems
> to complete without any issues as well.

Hmm. Strange.
And what exactly is in the menu.lst created during your install?

> The only error that is in the
> error.log is that it can't read
> /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules: No such file or directory.
> Which I seem to get even if the install completes successfully.

That shouldn't be a problem.

> btw, I didn't mention that I am running Debian etch and the default FAI
> package that is supplied.

Nice to know. FAI 3.1.8 should work quite well.

Henning

BTW: you can put the reply _below_ the citation and only cite the
interesting portions, so it's easier to follow a conversation.
TOFU(german for "text on top-fullquote at the bottom")-quoting is
reserved for the suits....