setup_harddisks

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Fri Mar 28 15:41:05 CET 2008

[...]
>> I have not looked into the setup_harddisks code as detailed as this, I'd rather
>> ask you to give setup-storage a try :-) It shouldn't be too much hassle to
>> enforce this in the new code, at least I know it quite well :-)
>
> In the mean time I have found the two places in the code to fix it :). I
> haven't tried setup-storage yet.  Unfortunate I haven't followed the FAI
> list lately so I don't know how 'stable' it is.  Can you tell me?

Well, it seems to work well in most cases, that is: So far it didn't do any
harm, but failed in some situations, which then result in reasonably quick
fixes.

I've used it to set up a completely new environment (incl. all the LVM and
Xen stuff) and I'm thus using it in a production environment.

But the usual disclaimers still apply. Most importantly, I haven't played around
with the resize/preserve options yet.

HTH,