task_chboot: SERVER not defined

Viktor Keil viktor at cs.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Mar 28 11:46:15 CET 2008

Hi,

> Did you pass the following option in the dhcpd.conf :
> use-host-decl-names on;
> This will enable the host-name sending to the dhcp-address requesting
> client.

until now I used "option host-name". I've tested now the following: I commented out
"option host-name" for every client and inserted "use-host-decl-names on;" in the
subnet section for these clients.

The result is the same. In fai.log remains the message:
Calling task_chboot
SERVER not defined. Can't change network boot configuration
Exit code task_chboot: 2

What else can I try to do?

It is the first time I'm using FAI. My actual situation in testing FAI is:
my FAI-server is also serving for logging, DHCP, PXE and TFTP.
The client is installed via FAI and can boot from harddisk.
That's it!
I am working on making disappear every error-message found in fai.log.

Thanks for your help,
Viktor