Bonus packages in fai-mirror

Russel Hill russh347 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:20:42 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Michael Tautschnig <
tautschn at model.in.tum.de> wrote:

> >> Which distro are you using? Is it lenny or etch?
> >
> > lenny
>
> Could you try hacking the fai-mirror script, at the point where the
> aptoptions
> variables is set: Add -o Apt::Install-Recommends=false, just like the
> other
> options. Does this help?

It does help but there are still things I don't understand. The size of our
ISO built with this hack has dropped from about 560MB to about 495MB. There
is still variations building from a full debian mirror I get an 508MB ISO .
Building from a partial mirror the ISO drops to 497MB. This partial mirror
is a proper subset of the full-mirror containing every package pulled from
the full mirror during an ISO build and nothing else.

I find this behavior puzzling. It seems to me that the ISOs should be
identical. I haven't yet had time to identify specific differences in the
package contents.