setup storage can't use % or "G"

James james at nttmcl.com
Thu Jun 26 22:09:03 CEST 2008

also this was in my error.log:

fai.log:  Couldn't find device with uuid
'RzED90-LUoi-ZuI2-1GD5-STv5-urmq-boFk3z'.
fai.log:  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
fai.log:  Couldn't find device with uuid
'RzED90-LUoi-ZuI2-1GD5-STv5-urmq-boFk3z'.
fai.log:  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
fai.log:  Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
fai.log:(STDOUT)   WARNING: Wiping physical volume label from /dev/sda2
of volume group "vg0"
fai.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
fai.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
fai.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
fai.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
fai.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
fai.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
fai.log:W: GPG error: http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de etch Release:
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY DC13E54EAB9B66FD
fai.log:WARNING: /etc/aliases exists, but does not have a root alias.
fai.log:SERVER not defined. Can't change network boot configuration
format.log:  Couldn't find device with uuid
'RzED90-LUoi-ZuI2-1GD5-STv5-urmq-boFk3z'.
format.log:  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
format.log:  Couldn't find device with uuid
'RzED90-LUoi-ZuI2-1GD5-STv5-urmq-boFk3z'.
format.log:  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group VolGroup00.
format.log:  Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
format.log:(STDOUT)   WARNING: Wiping physical volume label from
/dev/sda2 of volume group "vg0"
format.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
format.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
format.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
format.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
format.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found
format.log:(STDERR) Warning - device mapper device, but no dmsetup(8) found

I don't have a VolGroup00 defined anywhere....
it should be "vg0" as the volumegroup name

-James