ubuntu install

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Jun 10 20:27:23 CEST 2008

hiya

Goesta Smekal wrote:
 > Henning Sprang schrieb:
 >> I think some people are using and doing this, without talking too
 >> much about it.

 > Jep. Like me. Installing Ubuntu from a Debian Server is a bit tricky,

I tried ... and failed. Main reason was that the ubuntu debootstrap and
the debian debootstrap do things a bit differently.

 > but Ubuntu from Ubuntu works fine. Did it with Dapper and am currently
 > porting my setup to Hardy.

That's the way I did it too. Set up an ubuntu host and create a suitable
nfsroot. Copy the nfsroot to the fai-server and forget about the ubuntu
box. Took me a bit of work to rewrite the config-space, but now
debian32, debian64, ubuntu32 and ubuntu64 all get installed from the
same config space. Just choose which OS you want from PXE bootprompt and
wait a bit until completion.

tschüß
thomas