[SOLVED]Re: fai-cd makes too big iso [NOT SOLVED]

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Jun 9 11:58:50 CEST 2008

venne wrote:
>> Henning
> Ok. I'll take a look.
>
> but, that means, I've to put linux-image-fai somewhere on my own debian
> mirror, so that fai-setup can get it. since I want a NFS install, I'm
> not sure that the linux-image-2.6.18-6-686 can append NFS option.

No, fia-kernels are obsolete then.

The default debian kernel doesn't support nfsroot in-kernel, but you can
have a initrd that mounts the root via nfs...

Please read the docs, first - a lot of these questions should be covered
there. You're welcome to ask back if you don't understand or don#t find
the information you are looking for there.

Henning