installing lenny

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Jul 8 18:36:27 CEST 2008

lee hartley wrote:
>I am aware of the unionfs
> issue, and see that it may be a while before the fixes make it into
> lenny...digging around it seems it is possible to use the etch as the
> base to install lenny...but I am not sure how to configure this...

Look for all the multi-distribution stuff, and ubuntu install, from etch
server threads in the list archive.

In those matters, installing a lenny client from an Etch server, is the
same as Ubuntu from an Etch server.

If you never did any FAI install before, you can safely start getting a
taste of how it works by installing etch from an Etch server.

Henning