Debian lenny with etch chrooted. Fai-setup fails

Javi Legido javilegido at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:20:12 CET 2008

Hi again.

Finally I decided to perform a fresh fai installation.

My system info: debian lenny with 2.6.22-2-686 kernel. My
/etc/apt/sources.list have no reference to deb
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download etch koeln.

I did this:

rm -fr /srv/fai /var/log/fai

aptitude purge fai-client fai-doc fai-quickstart fai-server

aptitude install fai-quickstart debmirror mknbi apt-move mkisofs grub aptitude

dpkg -l | grep fai

ii  fai-client                           3.2.4
Fully Automatic Installation client package
ii  fai-doc                              3.2.4
Documentation for FAI
ii  fai-quickstart                       3.2.4
Fully Automatic Installation quickstart pack
ii  fai-server                           3.2.4
Fully Automatic Installation server package

fai-setup -v

The setup fails, because neither the well wkown line 'FAI setup
finished.' nor error message are present.

The logs:

(/var/log/fai/fai-setup.log) http://pastebin.com/m75c1d8f6

(/var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log) http://pastebin.com/m4cb2803f

Anyway I try to make a fai-debmirror and a fai-cd, but it fails, I
think due to the fai-setup didn't finished properlly.

Any help?

Thanks in advice