FAI with LVM

James james at nttmcl.com
Fri Jan 25 17:50:29 CET 2008

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> [...]
>
> Please update your SVN checkout to revision 4838, that should hopefully fix your
> LVM problem. Still, I've no idea about the mdadm-thing, I'll try to debug this
> some time time in February (sorry, quite busy ATM).
>
> Best,
> Michael

Michael,

I checked out the new setup-storage and it still has the same problem.
The output of fai.log looks identical to before.
I can send you the new one but it'll look exactly the same as the last
one i sent you.

I tried three different configurations with volumes inside of volume
groups as follows

disk_config sda bootable:1
primary /boot 500 ext3 defaults
primary         -       4900    -       -

_*Not-Working: - Multiple Growing Volumes*_
disk_config lvm
vg lvmtest  sda2
lvmtest-swap     swap    400     swap   sw
lvmtest-home     /home   1000-    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-var      /var         1000-   xfs    defaults
lvmtest-vmware   /vmware 1000-    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-root     /              1000-    xfs    defaults

_*Not-Working: - Single Growing Volume*_
disk_config lvm
vg lvmtest  sda2
lvmtest-swap     swap    400     swap   sw
lvmtest-home     /home   1000    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-var      /var         1000    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-vmware   /vmware 1000    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-root     /              1000-    xfs    defaults

_*Working: - Static Volumes*_
disk_config lvm
vg lvmtest  sda2
#vg lvmtest  hda2
lvmtest-swap     swap    400     swap   sw
lvmtest-home     /home   1000    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-var      /var         1000    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-vmware   /vmware 1000    xfs    defaults
lvmtest-root     /              1000    xfs    defaults

Regards
-James