FAI Classes

James james at nttmcl.com
Thu Jan 17 22:49:28 CET 2008

Christian Meissner wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:14:58AM -0800, James wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway for me to set the hostname manually on the bootfloppy so it
>> knows to pull the certain class definitions without a dns record?
>>
> afaik you can append HOSTNAME=foobar to grub command line
>
> br
>
> Chris

well that set the hostname alright but it didn't pull the class
definition... i'm a bit confused now.

i set grub to append the ip=:::::dhcp nfsroot=127.x.x.x:/srv/fai/nfsroot
HOSTNAME=TEST

and yeah i changed the line to look like

#! /bin/bash

# assign classes hosts
# use a list of classes for our demo machine
case $HOSTNAME in
    TEST)
        echo "TEST DHCPC" ;;
#    *)
#       echo "FAIBASE DHCPC" ;;
esac

(ifclass I386 || ifclass AMD64) && echo GRUB
exit 0

it still tries to pull whatever *) is set to