FAI with LVM

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Jan 14 18:26:25 CET 2008

James wrote:
> Hi guys i am a newbie with FAI and was wondering if there's an easy
> setup example for disks to use LVM
>
> Is it built in to the disk_config setups or do i have to use a custom
> hook for it?
> And if i have to use a custom hook can someone give me any examples?

Both :)

As well the archive of this list as the wiki should contain quite some
amount of hints, howtos and examples how it can be done with hooks.

But for the future, there is a new setup_harddisk tool being in
development, called Setup-Storage.AFAIK it works quite nice in most
scenarios - so you should try using it, and give feedback on your
success or failure.
See it's docs and infos how to use it here:
http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Setup-storage

HTH,
Henning