problem with nfs root mount in fai kernel

Grzegorz Marszałek g.marszalek at dragonfly.pl
Fri Jan 4 20:06:19 CET 2008

Hello!

I've have problem with booting fai throug network. Kernel and initrd
is loaded, network card is detected, but there is problem with
mounting nfs root. I receive message:

mount: Device or resource busy
short read: 0 < 28

And it's repeating itself in loop.
I'm able to mount this nfs share from other computers.
My config is like this:
pxelinux.cfg/default:
DEFAULT fai
TIMEOUT 50
TOTALTIMEOUT 100
SAY "Choose boot type"
PROMPT 1
LABEL fai
         KERNEL fai/vmlinuz
         APPEND initrd=fai/initrd quiet=n boot=live ip=dhcp  root=/
dev/nfs nfsroot=/srv/fai/nfsroot FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt
FAI_ACTION=sysinfo

(those links, thatis fai/vmlinuz and fai/initrd are ok - and they are
working)

I'm using fai 3.2.4. Kernel (and initrd) 2.6.18-5-486. Debian Etch.
I'm using koeln repositories. Any ideas, what's wrong?

---
Grzegorz Marszałek
tel. 603935675
Dragonfly