Trouble with a Bladecenter

Philipp Grau phgrau at ZEDAT.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Feb 6 15:14:52 CET 2008

Hello,

* Philipp Grau <phgrau at ZEDAT.FU-Berlin.DE> [29.01.08 08:36]:
> Up until now, we did not make any progress. But I'll do some more testing at
> the end of the week and will report if there is success.

Do give a short summary: There were some problems with the network setup.

The blades did the PXE boot just fine - there is a DHCP Relay in our setup -
fetched the kernel and initrd via tftp and booted. Than the second round of
dhcp request comming from the ip=dhcp paramater in the PXE configuration did
not reach the dhcp server. They were dropped somehow by the relay. We moved
the dhcp server in the right network and now it works.

Philipp