About creating /var subdirectories

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Mon Dec 29 20:34:20 CET 2008

About creating /var subdirectories

In my quest for building an Ubuntu 8.10 fai server that serves Ubuntu 8.10
client I have learnt this:

In the / partition you need to create two folders: /var/lock and /var/run.
This way /var/lock and /var/run are mounted ok before the actual /var
partition is mounted.

Is there any special hook or place where I should put the:
mkdir /var/lock
mkdir /var/run
commands so that I can avoid this problem automatically.

Thank you.

--
Firma Automática 1: