Upgrading from a working etch to lenny

Aitor mail at aitorpazos.es
Fri Dec 26 20:01:54 CET 2008

Hi,
I've managed to configure FAI in etch. I used FAI to install etch on
several machines. Since etch has so outdated packages I decided to
upgrade to lenny. I've updated the FAI server machine so now I have FAI
3.2. The problem now is that when I try to perform an install on a
client I get errors because root filesystem is mounted as read-only. It
tries to use nfs fs instead of a ram based one so obviously it can't
write on nfs. I've included live-initramfs, live-helper and unionfs in
NFSROOT packages.

Boot params for pxelinux.cfg/*:

kernel vmlinuz
append initrd=initrd.img ip=dhcp root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=192.168.84.113:/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir,v3
FAI_ACTION=install FAI_FLAGS=verbose,reboot,sshd,createvt

I've run fai-setup again after upgrade. Should I have done anything
else?

Thank you very much

Aitor