disk_config on machines that contain a large number of disks & controllers

thomas timpo lundefinedl at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 23:22:44 CET 2008

Hello,

I have been working as QA Engineer on a team that is using FAI to deploy linux clusters on a few hundred machines for testing.  The machines that we are experiencing this issue on have 3 or 4 disk controllers and 12 or more disks.  We are running into a problem where Fai decides to start installing to a different disk.  Because the bios is set to boot off of the disk on the onboard disk controller, it will boot into the previous installation of debian etch, while the new install will sit on some other disk, typically on a different controller.  Has anybody else experienced issues like this with fai?

Thomas