disk_config help

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Aug 27 23:11:50 CEST 2008

Hi!

> So all I want for my disk layout to be is
>
> 500 meg /boot partition (and make that bootable)
> 2 gig swap partition
> everything else in /

Do you want to use setup_harddisks or the (newer) setup-storage to achieve this?

> this doesn't work, what am i doing wrong?  thanks.
>
> root at pl-dev:/srv/fai/config/disk_config# cat SERVER
> # generic disk configuration for a fai isntall server
> #
>
> disk_config disk1 bootable:3
> primary /boot 500 rw,errors=remount-ro ; -c -j ext3
> logical  swap          2000 rw
> logical  /	       3000- 	rw,errors=remount-ro ; -c -j ext3

You're mixing formats here. bootable:3 is only supported by setup-storage, but
the rest rather looks like setup_harddisks style. In the latter case you should
rather say

primary /boot 500 rw,errors=remount-ro ; boot -c -j ext3

to achieve this.

Best,