new to the list and fai

Jean Spirat jeanspirat at squirk.org
Wed Aug 27 08:04:38 CEST 2008

hello list,

  i am new to the list and trying to use FAI for a fancy setup i am
building :)

  I will use an AOE storage blade. This mean that if the kernel is AOE
aware there should be no need for nfs or things like this. I wondered if
anyone has any experiences on this ?

  So my question is , can we build a special kernel for FAI that will be
AOE enabled and make it so that FAI loads the filesystem image using a
local mount instead of nfs ?

  I think i know how to change the kernel used by FAI to boot, now i
need to replace nfs with an etherdrive mount of /dev/eth10.5 :)

regards,
Jean.