FAI 3.2.9 released, lenny support

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Aug 14 11:10:22 CEST 2008

Christopher Huhn wrote:
>> I just uploaded the new FAI version 3.2.9, which now supports the next
>> Debian version called lenny.
> Does that mean that 3.2.9 does not support installing etch anymore?

We did not test it on an Etch server, and did not test Etch
installations from the Lenny server, but there's a high chance 3.2.9
will still work when installed on an Etch server.

Apart from that, you will always be able to install Etch, even from a
Lenny server, by unpacking an Etch base image from basefiles, fcopying a
sources.list with Etch repositories, and define only packages available
in Etch in your configspace.

It's the same method you(could) use for installing Ubuntu and Lenny from
an Etch Server, and it works quite well.

> At least there are no 3.2.9 Etch packages up to now.

Yes, we don't intend to deliver Etch packages from this version on.

Henning