Creating local mirror

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 14:13:51 CEST 2008

Walter den Besten wrote:
> For creating a local mirror, I found the script mkdebmirror.
>
> In this script, an rsync to debian/dists/etch/main/disks-i386 (or
> disks-amd86) is done.
>
> This data is however not available. Nor on the german, dutch or
> ftp.debian.org site.
>
> Who knows what the data is, which is rsynced to my machine?

No idea...

If you want, I could search I might have some old scripts where such
errors are corrected, but in general, I'd recommend using apt-mirror -
it's simple and powerful, uses lines looking like sources.list entries.

One note: with the Etch version of apt-mirror, don't use the cleanup
feature - it has problems with packages with ~ in it, and cleans them
away evenb if they ar up to date. Fixed in Unstable/Testing.

Henning