fai-cd-3.2 make-fai-nfsroot and others...

B.Glomm at gmx.de B.Glomm at gmx.de
Fri Sep 28 17:39:00 CEST 2007

hey Thomas, thanks 4 quick reply!

so this one for the records(/the next fai-cd release)

>     > So I tried fai-cd-3.2
>     > The installation of the faiserver went fine but on the first reboot
>     > something screwed up the apache I guess...
> I did not test this installation for a while. IMO the network
> configuration is not complete (the installation sets a fixed IP
> address, so it won't fit into your network most of the time.)
> So the apt-proxy cannot connect to the outside world.

yepp, that helps. But it would be nice if the default FAI-CD
wouldn't require a network connection, wouldn't it.

After that the nfsroot would be build a little bit more stopping with:
'Can't call method "exists"....'
installing libapt-pkg-perl helps (...should be added ;-)

Next build of nfsroot ends after:
- update-initramfs seems to finish correctly
 (although there are 4 warning messages from mdadm)
- then:

cp: missing destination file operand after srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-5-486
Try `cp --help` for more information.
Aborting
Removing 'local diversion...`

Turns out to be TFTPROOT wasn't set in the default
/etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf on the cd

That variable is but set in fai-server_3.2_all.deb

After that the next fai-setup finished properly with
"FAI setup finished"

thnx

Bernhard