FAI kernel config

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 25 21:47:50 CEST 2007

From: "Thomas Lange" <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>
>    > the FAI boot CD. CAn anyone tell me how to do that?
> Did you test the new fai-cd iso image?
> (http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-cd/fai-cd-3.2.iso)
> I this CD work, you can just use the default Debian kernel and do not
> need to build your own.

That CD isn't going to have speech, is it? I'm blind and I need speech
during the install. You could compile in  the kernel with speakup software
speech but I don't suppose you've done that, have you?It might be a nice
thing to add someday. Although, you have to have someway to specify the
synthesizer or it would not work. I don't know how you could do that. Most
bootable CDs use isolinux and then you add synthesizer specs as a boot
parameter.

At any rate, starting from the latest FAI CD would probably be easier than
starting from grml. I will have to get the kernel conf off the CD, re-build
a kernel with speech, and then remaster the CD. None of that is particularly
difficult.