htdig problem in postinst

Kay Bieri bierik at climate.unibe.ch
Mon Sep 24 17:05:06 CEST 2007

> Anybody has seen this or knows how to efficiently debug this?
>
> The postinst of htdig (1:3.2.0b6-3.1) fails on the call to htdigconfig when
> it's called from inside fai -N softupdate, but not when called manually or
> from within a normal apt or aptitude session.
>
> The error is "htfuzzy: '1' is not a supported algorithm."

I had the same problem some time ago. htdig uses an environmental variable
$verbose, which fai uses as well. fai sets it to 1, whereas htdig probably
expect '-v' or something. Here are the relevant lines from
/usr/sbin/htdicconfig:
----
if [ ! -f /var/lib/htdig/word2root.db ]
then
     htfuzzy $verbose endings
fi

if [ ! -f /var/lib/htdig/synonyms.db ]
then
     htfuzzy $verbose synonyms
fi
----

I "solved" the problem by preseeding debconf to skip the config part and
called htdigconfig in a hook afterwards:
verbose= $ROOTCMD /usr/sbin/htdigconfig

Best regards
Kay

Kay Bieri