error while running fai-setup for ubuntu-edgy

wtautz wtautz at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 20 20:08:46 CEST 2007

Muniven Shekar-PTH473 wrote:
> Reinhard/Thomas,
>
> I used the ubuntu URL for fai packages.
>
> I was able to create a CD which has edgy contents. When I boot with this
> CD,
> I am getting the following error (back to earlier problem):
>

>> --------------
>> Begin: Mounting the root file system....
>> BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian ..) Built-in shell (ash) Enter 'help'  for a
>> list of built-in commands.
>>
>> /bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
>> (initramfs)
>>

> Any pointers to proceed further?

It means it can not find your hard drive. Likely a grub error. Try using
a rescue cd and edit the menu.lst file. Look for the kopt directive.
It possible you running into some UUID issues and a known bug with
update-grub.... then again maybe it has nothing to do with it.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+bug/21412

is a partial description. I believe there are others related to update-grub.