Problems installing a client

Bernhard Glomm B.Glomm at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 13:46:21 CEST 2007

Hallo list,

I succesfully installed a fai-server with the latest FAI-CD.

After some tuning (installing libapt-pkg-perl and cdrecord
manually) I tried to make a boot-cd - which didn't worked...
(the default kernel couldn't mount the nfs??? finished with kernel panic)
after manually installing fai-kernels into the nfsroot
I was able to create a boot-cd that worked ... booting the client.

Now when I'm booting the client it can't create any directorys or files
because of "Read-only filesystem".
And, next(maybe related prob) although I tried to define a FAI_ACTION in class/ the client doesn't get it.

Any clues why the client can't create it's temp dirs/files?

TIA

Bernhard