Configuring Video Cards.

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Nov 28 14:22:28 CET 2007

    > Using base config files inculded in fai, ati video cards are not well
    > configured on computers.
    > Xorg should automaticly add "ati" driver in xorg.conf, but simply add
    > "vesa" (so xorg doesn't work).
Mmm, it work perfectly for me and others. Check if you have this in
your debconf/FAIBASE file and that your machine belongs to this class.

debconf/FAIBASE: xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/autodetect_video_card      boolean true

    > Using hooks to make a script (using lspci, grep and fglrx) can resolve
    > my problem ?
    > Or is there another way to setup graphic cards ?
You may define the driver by using this debconf data:

xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/config/device/driver       select  mga