configuration of additional interfaces?

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Tue Nov 20 16:43:53 CET 2007

[...]
> > Well, in our case we just use fixed /etc/network/interfaces files that we fcopy
> > onto the client; but I guess you would like to generate those automagically!?
> >

> do you mean you use them as templates? that is a good solution.
> but that moves the question of how to find the right ip addresses
> to the question "how do i figure out the right ip addresses?".

In our case we only have fixed files and don't modify them, but you could of
course easily build some template file and edit it in a preinst script.

About the IP addresses: I don't have any idea how you assign them usually, so
I'm afraid from what you told us so far nobody can help you answering this
question...

Best,