make boot cdrom pb:

Jean-Paul BALOCHE jpbaloche at alcidian.net
Wed Nov 14 15:17:59 CET 2007

Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I contact the mailling list because I'm steel unable to boot on nfsroot
>> with a cdrom.
>> Here is the error message when I'm booting from cdrom with dhcp,nfs choice :
>> Begin: Mounting root file system
>> /init: .:150: Can't open file system... ...
>> kernel panic - not syncing: Attempetd to kill init!
>> I've got the same error message when I'm choosing demohost installation
>> from the cdrom.
>>

> [...]
>
> Just to get myself updated: Which distribution and which FAI version are you
> using?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Hi,

Well, good news, it's working.
I send to the mailling list what I've done, maybe it will help somebody
one day ...

Well, mknbi and live-initramfs packages were not installed. So I
installed them with apt.
And then :
mkdir /srv/fai/debmirror
fai-mirror -v /srv/fai/fai-mirror/
fai-cd -m /srv/fai/fai-mirror/ faicd.iso

I had to copy /srv/fai/config dir to
/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/var/lib/fai/config because I had an
error message telling that it can't find config/class dir. After this
copy, everything is fine and I'm VERY happy ;-)

Thanks for your precious help

JPB