Installation of an Apache httpd server with FAI

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Fri Nov 9 16:48:13 CET 2007

Rudy,

 > Because it's need to be run inside the chroot *(/tmp/target) and
 > $ROOTCMD is an alias for "chroot /tmp/target".  At least I have always
 > thought so :)

I was under the impression that my scripts will run in a chrooted
environment anyway. Will check that.

I just note that at least there seem to be major differences between a
"normal" installation and a softupdate. (I am doing softupdates right now.)

While doing a softupdate, you're not in a chroot environment, so
$ROOTCMD and no $ROOTCMD might be the same.

Also I found I should use

$ROOTCMD apache2ctl restart

at the end of the script, which again is not needed during a "normal"
install as the box will reboot anyway after the installation.

These things might be the counterpart of

http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/fai-guide/ch-advanced.html#s-confsoftupdate

depending on what you start with when developing your config.

Regards,
Torsten