Ubuntu 7.10 - "live/filesystem.dir" and "read only filesystem"

Castang Jerome castang at labri.fr
Thu Nov 8 16:51:15 CET 2007

Michael Tautschnig a écrit :
> [...]
>
>> There is no package named "fai-kernels" on ubuntu 7.10
>> I use "vmlinuz-2.6.22-14-generic" and "initrd.img-2.6.22-14-generic" to
>> boot.
>> So this initrd image must not include "live tools"
>>
>> Wich kernel and ramfs must be used ?
>>

> fai-kernels is deprecated, on Debian we use standard kernels. For Ubuntu you
> might want to have a look at https://code.launchpad.net/~fai/+archive
>
> HTH,
> Michael

The endless loop when trying to mount nfs root is due to the fact that
initrd is not searching for a "live" directory in NFSROOT.
So, it tells me that there is no "live" option in curent ubuntu initrd.
(the "live-initramfs package is installed on the server)

Changing path in pxe boot options to "NFSROOT/live/filesystem.dir" works
but only in ro.
So it might be due tmpfs (not inclued ?) in the initrd image...

Has anyone experience this type of error with ubuntu initrd ?

--
Jerome Castang

Mail: castang at labri.fr
Tel: +33(0)5 40 00 36 92