configuration to boot from network card

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Nov 8 12:57:24 CET 2007

> Hi,
>
> This my configuration, but i don't have this message from ref : page 13
> Manuel d'utilisation FAI version 2.4.3 2000-04

This -- which message? As this version of the guide is hopelessly outdated it
would be really nice if you could cite it here.

> when the client machine are booting from network card. I havbe got the
> normal GUI where we type linux and return. Could you help me in my
> configuration ?

[...]

What exactly is the "normal GUI"? I completely fail to see the problem as ...

> ERRORS found in log files. See /tmp/fai/error.log.
> savelog.LAST         OK.
> Calling task_savelog
> Save log files via rsh to fai at faiserver:demohost/install-20040725_220535
> Calling task_faiend
> Press <RETURN> to reboot or ctrl-c to execute a shell

... this looks pretty much the way one would expect it to look like after a
more-or-less successful installation.

Best,