fai-setup => dpkg-error processing fai-nfsroot

Castang Jerome castang at labri.fr
Fri Nov 2 13:46:55 CET 2007

Hi,

I am trying to setup a "gutsy-fai-server".
I have made a local repository of ubuntu gutsy and now a I to get
fai-setup work perfectly.

But running "fai-setup" returns:

Creating base.tgz

Upgrading /soft/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir

Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)

Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)

Segmentation fault

dpkg: error processing fai-nfsroot (--configure):

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139

fai-nfsroot

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

Use of uninitialized value in length at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

Use of uninitialized value in length at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

Use of uninitialized value in length at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

According to list archives I tried to run "fai-setup -v" for further
infomations:

Setting up fai-nfsroot (3.2.1-0ubuntu1) ...

Segmentation fault

dpkg: error processing fai-nfsroot (--configure):

subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 139

Processing triggers for libc6 ...

ldconfig deferred processing now taking place

fai-nfsroot

Aborting

Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

Use of uninitialized value in length at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

Use of uninitialized value in length at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

Use of uninitialized value in length at /usr/sbin/dpkg-divert line 224.

No diversion `any diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe', none removed

It seems dpkg is broken and makes a SegFault when installing fai-nfsroot.

Anyone gets this error before ?
Any idea on fixing it ?

Thanks,

--