(Still) troubles with initrd-netboot for installations

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri May 18 19:59:07 CEST 2007

Henning Sprang wrote:
> Hi,
> There have been various posts, but I still don't get everything
> accomplished. Now I really need the initrd method to get around the
> (known) e1000 problem on x/t60 thinkpad, where fai-kernels based
> Installations don't work.
> [...]
And, another thing I have to add here:

After, with all these (unwanted)hacks, my installation seems to run till
finished, the install client tries to save the logfiles on a host named
"dhcp" - this seems to have something to do with the ip config given in
pxe in combination with the initrd - somehow and for some reason, not
the faiserver address is used to store the logfiles...

I'll keep investigating...

Henning