Installing root Server: SUCCESS (well, 99%)

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Tue May 15 13:47:28 CEST 2007

Dear list!

I need to say, after about a good week of trying, testing, debugging I
learned a lot and I just logged into an automatically installed root
Server for the first time.

My last problem was indeed that the install client could not resolve the
DNS name of the Debian mirror to get it's packages from. I added them in
  /etc/hosts and got this far:

box-n-01 HOOK instsoft.FAIBASE
box-n-01 TASKBEGIN instsoft
box-n-01 TASKEND instsoft 0
box-n-01 TASKBEGIN configure
box-n-01 TASKEND configure 0
box-n-01 TASKBEGIN finish
box-n-01 TASKEND finish 0
box-n-01 TASKBEGIN chboot
box-n-01 TASKEND chboot 3
box-n-01 HOOK savelog.LAST.source
box-n-01 TASKBEGIN savelog
box-n-01 TASKEND savelog 0
box-n-01 TASKEND install 0
box-n-01 TASKBEGIN faiend

The install client did not reboot itself. Not sure why, but the reason
might have been:

box-n-01 TASKEND chboot 3

I'd guess the 3 is the return value and it indicates that there has been
a problem with chboot.

But after a manual reboot I was able to login into the system and it
looks just fine.

Thank's for everyone's patience in helping me.

Regards,
Torsten