fai-chboot nfs version

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Sun May 13 17:44:57 CEST 2007

Hello Michael,

Michael Tautschnig wrote:

> On the one hand, I think such a variable could be useful for some number of FAI
> users. On the other hand, this would further clutter the config files with even
> more options.
>
> Thus is think that
> - you should consider moving to NFS v3 anyway :-)

I'm using the nfs userspace server, and that only does version 2.  I'm
sure I could replace it with nfs from the kernel.

> - if there is nobody else who is using NFS v2, it is probably appropriate if you
>   patch FAI/update your configuration files manually after fai-chboot has
>   changed them.

I'm now using templates to force my v2 param.

Adding e.g. NFSVERSION=2 to a config file would fix indeed the problem,
and if it isn't set v3 could be used.  On the other hand now v3 is
standard, but what when v4 is becoming more popular?

Kind regards,

Rudy