Using FAI to install a "root Server"

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Fri May 11 16:29:42 CEST 2007

Ok, I got a bit further into the potential problem.

I guess that the FAI kernel is supposed to start the /etc/init.d/rcS
from the NFS mounted root file system at some point in time, but for
whatever reason, it doesn't.

I have added some lines of code to the rcS script like this:

# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
# Main routine

mount /dev/hda1 /mnt
echo "I was here" >> /mnt/tmp/Iwashere
umount /mnt

# Parse commandline options

But that file Iwashere is not written.

Can I check anything to find out why the root filesystem is obviously
mounted through NFS but then something's failing?

Regards,
Torsten

P.S.: Sorry, you list is not configured to send replies to the list.
Therefor me earlier reply might have gotten send just to you.