Install Sun Java on etch

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Wed May 9 23:12:02 CEST 2007

> I just tried to install sun-jav5-jre with FAI on etch with softupdate.
>
> the hints in
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-fai@rrz.uni-koeln.de/msg02045.html
> helped a lot but didn't work (maybe because of etch)
>
> I ran into problems because debconf must ask for acceptance of java license.
> As aptitude runs in non-interactive mode it aborts installing java:

[...]

As you stated correctly, it asks a debconf question - so you need to answer it.
The proper way to do this in FAI is debconf preseeding. You achieve this by
adding something like

sun-java5-bin   shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1    boolean true
sun-java5-jdk   shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1    boolean true
sun-java5-jre   shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1    boolean true

to debconf/DEFAULT in your FAI config space. That's all.

Best,