Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched ...

Javi Legido javilegido at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:40:45 CET 2007

Hi.

When I try to run my recent installed fai I only find a grub minimal
BASH. Booting the pc with a live-cd, I notice the following messages
in my error.log:

fai.log:WARNING: CD-ROM does not use DMA mode. The installation will be sloooow.
fai.log:Disks found: hdaWarning: extended partition does not start at
a cylinder boundary.
fai.log:Warning: extended partition does not start at a cylinder boundary.
fai.log:Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "memtest86"

I did a quite estrange installation, because I made a local debian
mirror but finally I don't too much sure that when I compilled the
.iso image I used it properly...

Any help?

Thanks