SSH to install client does not work

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Sun Jun 24 21:16:01 CEST 2007

Hi Michael!

>>/srv/fai/config x.x.x.x(async,rw,no_subtree_check)
>>/srv/fai/nfsroot x.x.x.x(async,ro,no_subtree_check,no_root_squash)
>
> Hmm, no_root_squash is there... Does restarting nfs-kernel-server maybe help?

Problem found. I am not using nfs-kernel-server but nfs-user-server.
That one does not seem to understand the option no_subtree_check which
makes it stop parsing options there and thus obviously not parses the
no_root_squash.

I wonder if this is a bug (in nfs-user-server) or a feature.

Nevertheless, changing to

/srv/fai/config x.x.x.x(async,rw)
/srv/fai/nfsroot x.x.x.x(async,ro,no_root_squash)

made the problem go away and I can not SSH into my install clients.

One problem less. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Torsten