Classes and disk_config

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 16:14:36 CEST 2007

Henning!

This is what I was hoping for, thank you.

I am just hunting a strange problem: The automatically installed machine
is unable to boot after the install finished due to an invalid grub config.

I don't have a separate /boot partition, so /boot is in the main filesystem.

Watch my disk_config file:

disk_config disk1
primary  /             3000-5000      rw,errors=remount-ro ; -c -j ext3
logical  swap          1000-2000      rw
logical  /preserve     5000-          rw,nosuid            ; -m 1 -j
ext3 lazyformat
logical  /home         500-2000       rw,nosuid            ; -m 1 -j ext3

So the kernel will end up in /boot/vmlinuz-xxx I would assume that the
grub config should contain

root (hd0,0)

which is what the automated install writes to the config.

But it needs

root (hd0,1)

in order to work; for no apparent reason.

Interesting enough, this had worked before on the very same box, so I
must have changed someting ...

(Scratching my head.)

Regards,
Torsten